Assam Government announced a new scheme, namely “Oronodoi Scheme 2020” (It is also pronounced as Arunodoi Scheme 2020) to contribute allowance to the poor and economically weaker households of the state. Finance Minister of Assam ‘Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma’ in the budget session of 2020-21 announced the launch of Orunodoi Scheme 2020.
In this article -
- 1 What is Orunodoi Scheme 2020?
- 2 Orunodoi Scheme 2020 Eligibility criteria
- 3 The following people will not be eligible for the Scheme
- 4 The objective of the Scheme
- 5 Selection Procedure of Assam Orunodoi Scheme
- 6 How to apply for the Orunodoi Scheme 2020
- 7 Documents Required
- 8 Related opportunity for the eligible candidate
What is Orunodoi Scheme 2020?
Arunodoi Scheme 2020 is an initiative of the Assam Government to help 17 lakh low and economically weak families of Assam from 2nd October 2020 by providing ₹ 830 monthly as financial help. The process of selection of beneficiaries has been started already. Assam Finance Minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma said that 15-17 thousand families would be boosted per Assembly Constituency under this Scheme. The total cost of the government per month will be ₹ 210 crore. As per the report, Arunodoi scheme 2020 initiative is an effort to empower the poor and economically weaker women of the state.
Government of Assam will provide monthly financial assistance to the eligible beneficiaries. ₹ 400 monthly is to be given to each beneficiary for the medicine to take care of their health. ₹ 200 monthly to provide for 50% subsidy for the 4 Kgs of pulses as a family consumes in a month. ₹ 80 monthly will be given to the beneficiary as a 50% subsidy for 4 Kgs as a family spend in a month.
Separately, ₹ 150 monthly would be provided to the beneficiary for the expenditure of essential fruits and vegetables. It will help them to buy what is not produced in their homestead farms. A total of ₹ 830 will be provided monthly to the selected candidate under the Arunodoi Scheme 2020.
Orunodoi Scheme 2020 Eligibility criteria
The only eligible should apply for the Scheme. So the applicant must know the criteria. Someone eligible might lose their opportunity if someone applied mistakenly out of criteria. So here is the eligibility criteria for ‘Arunodoi Scheme 2020’ under which a person should apply. Following people will get priority in the Assam Orunodoi scheme 2020 as per the official statement of the authorities:-
• To avail the benefits of the Scheme, the applicant should be a permanent resident of Assam and should presently reside in Assam.
• The yearly income of the family should be less than ₹ 2 lakh.
• The adult female member of the household who will receive the money shall be an adult woman who is not less than 18 years of age.
• In households where an adult woman above the age of 18 is not available, the “male head” may be considered.
• Poor families not having ration card for free rice will get the preference.
• Poor families with the National Food Security Scheme (NFSS) cards
• Families who own two or three-wheelers, tractors under self-help groups, can avail the benefits.
• Under the Scheme, priority shall be given to household with:
i. widow/divorced/unmarried female/separated female
ii. specially-abled nominated female
iii. specially-abled household member
The following people will not be eligible for the Scheme
• Family having any member working under the government or PSUs are not eligible for the Scheme.
• Families having 15 Bighas of land, four-wheeler, washing machine or AC, refrigerator, own tractor are not eligible for the Orunodoi Scheme.
• Family not having any female member are not eligible.
• Those who pay income tax
The objective of the Scheme
• The main objective of the concerned authorities through this Scheme is to help all of the beneficiaries of the Scheme to lead a happy life without any financial trouble.
• Arunodoi or Orunodoi Scheme is a state-funded scheme launched by the Assam Government to provide monthly financial assistance to the poor and economically weaker families of the Indian state Assam.
• It is one of the highest amounts of a funded scheme to be available for the beneficiaries.
• A final beneficiary list will be prepared and based on which financial assistance will be provided to the beneficiaries.
• The amount of Rs 830 will be directly transferred to the selected households.
• By providing this financial support to the poor and financially weaker family, women empowerment and assistance to needy will be possible.
• This amount will be transferred every year for the next five years.
• Only eligible households can apply.
• With this scheme implementation of various services will be possible in Assam.
• 25 lakh rupees will be given per school for 200-grade schools on the pilot reason for foundation improvement.
• The Assam government is to give free sterile napkins to young ladies in sixth to twelfth norms government and government-helped schools.
Selection Procedure of Assam Orunodoi Scheme
A beneficiary will be selected through the following procedure:
• A web portal will be developed by the authority.
• There will be a district-level monitoring committee who will prepare the list of eligible beneficiary according to the guidelines.
• Again, an undertaking will check the list of the eligible selected list and cross-check of the list of beneficiaries will be done.• Only eligible beneficiary can apply for the assistance.
• The concerned authorities will also collect the bank details and other information of the beneficiaries.
• The selected beneficiary list will be uploaded to the portal.
• After approval of the final list, the list will be uploaded to the portal
• Only after the cross-check of all of the details of the beneficiaries money will be transferred to their bank account directly.
The authority will eliminate Errors after the end of every financial year through the process of review of the beneficiary list.
How to apply for the Orunodoi Scheme 2020
People going to apply for the financial assistance under Arunodoi Scheme should follow the process provided by the authority. Otherwise, your candidature may get cancelled. Here is the procedure on how to apply for the Arunodoi Scheme:
• People must apply for the Scheme before the last date of registration.
• The Applicant who wishes to apply for Assam Orunodoi scheme firstly they need to visit at the official website. For your help, we are also providing the link at the end of the article.
• Now at the home page of the official website, you will get the Application Form PDF Option. At the end of the article, the Application PDF will be available.
• Download the Application Form and fill Arunodoi Scheme application form with all the mandatory details.
• Attach the required document with the application form and submit it in the respective department.
Applicants are required to submit all the necessary documents along with the application form. These documents include-
• Id proof of the applicant
• Aadhaar card
• Proof of resident
• Income certificate
• Ration card
• Bank passbook
• Passport sized photographs
• Other supporting documents as prescribed For more details on necessary documents, applicants can contact the concerned Orunodoi Sahayaks appointed by the government for assisting the prospective beneficiary in the application procedure.
Related opportunity for the eligible candidate
To facilitate the implementation process at the district level and to assist the applicants in each district, four Orunodoi Sahayak may be appointed at a fixed pay of ₹ 15000/- per Sahayak/month in all the Legislative Assembly segments for a period of two months in all districts. The District Level Monitoring Committee will determine the qualification of the Orunodoi Sahayak under the chairman of DC. However, preference may be given to that candidate who passes the following eligibility conditions.
• He/she should be Any graduate.
• Sahayak should have a one-year computer diploma certificate.
• The age limit of the Sahayak should not be more than 35 years